Expertise in coordinating electricity connections
Our in-depth knowledge of the UK’s energy market allows us to easily coordinate the implementation of electricity supply solutions you need with the minimum of fuss.
From start to finish, we can oversee every aspect of installing a new electricity connection including:
- New electricity service and mains connections
- New electricity meter installations
- Temporary builder’s power supply
- Disconnect electricity supplies and meter removals
- Relocate or alter existing services and meters
- Divert any existing service or mains
- Reinforcement of the electricity network
- Installation of substations
- Temporary electricity supplies
How long does an electricity connection take to install?
Our average timescale for an electricity connection is 2-4 weeks for a quote and 6-12 weeks for completion. But the process can take longer if:
- Our experts aren’t in the area during the timescales
- Any traffic management is required
- Payment or signed acceptance is late
- There are emergencies in the area that take priority
- There are reinforcements in the network to accommodate the new load
How much will it cost to install an electricity connection?
The cost of an electricity connection depends on a number of factors, including any required traffic management or excavation work or if there is enough capacity in the existing mains infrastructure. As so, any figures quoted online would only be an average estimation of the costs involved but may not be indicative of your own project.
As so, the best way to get an accurate price for your own electricity connection will be to speak to our electricity connection experts who will be able to talk you through your options and provide you with a more accurate quote based on your project. To get started, call our team today on 0330 678 0660.
Other factors that can affect the price are:
- Traffic management – you may have to pay a local authority fee if a nearby road needs digging
- Excavation work – you have the option to dig your own land to keep costs to a minimum
- If you need a new meter cabinet installing
Can I excavate a trench for the electricity myself?
If you wish to reduce the cost of a new electricity connection, you can undertake any excavations and dig your own trench for the pipe work yourself. You will need to keep in mind that you only dig a trench on your own property.
The trench needs to be 530mm deep and 300mm wide, these measurements need to be precise and if they are inaccurate it can delay the process significantly.
Our services don’t stop at electricity connections
As well as helping domestic and commercial customers with their mains gas installations, we’re multi utility specialists and can provide a range of gas services, electricity services and water services including the installation of gas connections, electricity connections and water connections at your premises, our all-inclusive service comprises an optional provision of any or all utility supply contracts to suit your needs, requirements, and budget.
Ready to learn more? Call today to speak with one of our electricity connection experts on 0330 678 0660, who will be able to assist you and answer any of your questions.